Sunday, January 4, 2009

SOS Children Village of India

One of my friend recently suggested that you have around 1600+ Visitors and 4000+ Page Views every month that too without any marketing effort so why don't you commercialize your blog. Initially I was bit hesitant but after giving a thought that I spend precious time in researching , writing an article and responding to reader questions so there is nothing wrong if there are earnings from that effort.

In 2005, I visited SOS Children Village of India and I was touched by the concept and the commitment by NGO's to raise Orphans in family environment, Educate them and make them a better citizen. I again visited SOS Children Village in year 2006 with my family and introduced them to SOS. Number of times I thought of taking some initiatives but plans never materialized due to lack of time.

Now it's 2009 and I'm back with plans that I'll help to sponsor a child in the Children Village. All the earnings from this blog will go in sponsoring a child in the SOS Children Village.

Goal - Help in raising and educating one children of SOS Children Village.
Target - Need 6000Rs/Year

I'll try to spend 2 hour/week to write an article and raise the fund for this cause.

Learn More about SOS Children Village

3 comments:

  1. Good thoughts ,

    Great Idea !

    Thanks for sharing with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doing a good job mate!

    Keep it up.

    Warm Regards,

    Hitesh Jain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi.
    There are many other interesting options too like sponsoring a child's education or medical insurance for a year. I hv been associated with sos since a decade and have a sponsored child,sos is really doing a great job.
    Thanks for being a friend of them.

    ReplyDelete