Saturday, December 6, 2008

Brigade Gateway Project Delay

Dear Mr. Viswa Prathap Desu,

I would like to respond to your mail on behalf of Brigade Gateway Owners with whom I share common pain and sufferings.

I am a small person who booked the Brigade Metropolis apartment when there was only dust at the site, layout plans were still on the drawing table, there was a single security guard on the site managing vacant land and there was no visibility on ROI of this apartment. My dad was shocked to know that I had booked an apartment of 45 Lakhs, an apartment whose layout plan was still on the drawing board.

I booked with Brigade because I heard it's one of the "top builder" in Bangalore and after 3 years I have understood the bitter facts of "top builder"? In year 2005, I recommended Metropolis apartment to my friend in US who had never visited Bangalore forget about visiting the site. He booked an apartment within a week just because he had confidence on me and you will be surprised to know that my friend has still not visited the site and Bangalore. Now I feel guilty that I recommended Metropolis to a close friend without researching on past projects of Brigade.

Most of my office colleagues have been laid off and every Friday afternoon my wife calls in office to check if the worst fear came true. When my friends gets pink slip, I starts thinking of backup plan. If I had the apartment at least I would have been getting the rent which would had covered my EMI or in the worst case I had a shelter. Now I've been forced to take 2 weeks vacation and I feel handicapped. If I had possession of the apartment then I would had gone to India and had used this time to get registration, interiors and electrical equipment installed. But now I'll waste those precious vacation venting my anger on Brigade and ranting it in different forums and blogs.

I find close resemblance of your irresponsible statement "Project delays are unfortunately part of the construction and real estate industry" to Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil statement "Aisa nahi hai. Itne bade shahar mein chhota hadsa ho jata hai. To total failure nahi hai. (It is not like that. In big cities like this, small incidents do happen. It's is not a total failure)".

RR Patil was a politician but you are from the corporate world and I expected a matured response from the top executive of Brigade.

Honestly speaking, I don't mind even if the projects are delayed for an year provided you compensate us appropriately. You must read this post to find out what should be the ideal compensation for an year delay. We have been hit badly by this delay and what's your impact? Peanuts.

All those awards and certificates are good for hanging in Brigade headquarters or in marketing brochures. Prospective buyers are least interested in those certificates and you have failed to understand their thoughts. I may not be marketing pundit like you but to let you know that most Prospective buyers research on different forums, blogs and go by friends & relatives recommendations before making a huge investment. Now you may ask didn't you researched enough? I was a fool and booked this apartment in a haste and unfortunately there was not enough information available on different forums. But with explosion of digital media in last few years you may find it really tough to fool my other friends and neighbors.

What does top builder means? Is it just the number of projects which you have executed or the market value in the share market? Top builder cannot be defined just by some numerical value.
You also need to account customer service, your commitment to milestones, weightage of your words. You may say that rating agencies have taken into account all those parameters. You are right Sir. If I'm asked asked to choose a PM between Lalu, Raj, Mayawati and Mamta what choice do I have? I may choose a lesser evil.

I like your advertising message "Upgrade to Brigade". Did you ever seriously debated on a White Board why buyers should "Upgrade to Brigade"? If you talk of enclave then there are lot of builders who are offering these concept? If you talk about Quality then I find every builder on the street has some quality certification.

Now if your unique selling point was a) Quality customer service b) Closeness to customers c) Commitment to milestones d) Weightage of your words then I can assure you Sir that buyers would had differentiated class from the mass and would had Upgraded to Brigade otherwise they think it's just another marketing gimmick.

Sugar coated soothing words were fine for initial months of delay but now it has crossed the limits. There has been a delay for an year. Bubble has burst and owners are in no mood to empathize. You need to act fast and tough in the best interest of customers. I'm sorry to say that I'll not be recommending your apartments to my friends and relatives and I'm sure there might be 1000's of owners with the same opinion.

I would be glad to hear your response someday if you happen to read this post.

------------------------------------------------
3- Response from Desu to Brigade Gateway Owner

"We are pained to see your comments. I am sure one cannot judge a company based on a particular project delay. Project delays are unfortunately part of the construction and real estate industry, not that I am justifying the same, but just stating the same.

Forbes is an International magazine of repute, which you may know. They have judged us as one of the 'Best Under Billion Dollar' Cos (amongst 200 nos) and we are the only Indian real estate co. to feature in this list..We are also amongst the top ten real estate developers in India - as judged by 'Construction World' magazine.

We are endeavouring to give a good product as has been proved by our other projects in the past which have become landmarks. While we empathize with you, we would also urge you to recommend this project to your friends/relatives. No doubt, Brigade Gateway is slated to be a landmark project in Bangalore."
------------------------------------------------
2- Comments from Owners to Desu
(Frustration mail for the delay.... )
------------------------------------------------
1- Letter to Brigade Gateway Owners from Brigade
-------------------------------------------------
Dear Brigade Family,
Greetings from the Brigade Group!
We are proud to share with you significant milestones, Brigade has reached now:· Only Real Estate company to be featured "200 Best under a Billion Dollar" Forbes List for Asia Pacific Region.Ranked as one of India's "Top Ten Property Developers "by the Construction World Magazine. ISO Certified for Quality, Environment, Health & Safety by Bureau Veritas.

We are pleased to show case our projects, Brigade Gateway @ Malleswaram- Rajajinagar and Brigade Courtyard @ HMT Main Road. Currently we have some limited period special offers running as part of the bookings.

Brigade Gateway: - A Lifestyle enclave spread across 40 acres with 1200+ Luxurious apartments with amenities like Brigade School,Columbia Asia Hospital, Orion Mall, Galaxy Club, North Star, Office Tower, Sheraton Bangalore - (Five Star Hotel) and a beautiful man made lake spread across 2 acres.

Brigade Courtyard:- The project is developed on a 3 ½ acre land which is part of HMT township. About 60% the property is reserved as open area. The project is designed with a refreshing concept of terrace areas being attached with almost every apartment. Just 4 apartments to a floor; 4 floor to a wing, 2 & 3 bedroom luxury apartments, paved pedestrian avenue, multi level clubhouse, water features, landscaping and children's play area.

Referring your friends and relatives can enable you to earn a special referral incentive of upto Rs.2,37,000/ - * if in Brigade Gateway and upto Rs.61,000/- * if in Brigade Courtyard on a confirmed booking.

You would agree ,this is the best time to buy , best offers coming your way....and a best choice to make, "Upgrade to Brigade". You could visit our website www, brigadegroup. com for our updated info. Please feel free to contact the undersigned for any assistance.
Thanking you and assuring you our best services.
for Brigade Enterprises Ltd.,Viswa Prathap Desu

---------------

Read all posts related to Brigade Gateway

44 comments:

  1. is there any resale flat in gateway b'ce looking at market condition their may be resalers at normal price
    rajshek_r28@rediffmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ant resale from the flat owner in gateway or in mantri no brokers plse

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have booked my flat in Gateway at the pre-launch stage, and have been affected by the delay. But as a stake holder (by way of having invested in an under-construction apartment), I find the Forbes award reassuring, since it states that Brigade's financial health is very sound. The last thing I want is a financially distressed developer who may never complete the project (given the crisis all economies are going through), let alone deliver it very late.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be a Brigade Owner in their gardenia project. As in all the projects it was delayed beyond reason and finally completed. I finally sold the apartment.

    The main trigger for my sale was not the delay, or the attitude towards delay, the value or their brochure, their image, their advestisements, their claims, their processes, their governance - All these i feel is not their core competence area and hence can allow lapses.

    Their buildings are very mediocre in quality and finish. This is a core competence area and they are very poor in this but in all other areas they are very strong.

    This amazes me and i decided to sell as soon as i took posession. I was shocked to see the quality of plastering, finish, flooring, painting, it was like a slum clearance board flat. i expect all their mega projects to end up the same way.

    Incidentally, all other major builders in bangalore provide better finish but have smaller credibility claims than brigade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so fustrated by the delay in the brigade gateway project. I have booked in pre launch state in May 2004 it will be 5 years this May. I don't even a small builder of lesser repute will take so much time. First was promised in March 2008 then in SEPT 2008 and was promised that it will be definitely done by January end. Then came the bomb shell another 6 months delay Jumed 2009. Going by the progress this also looks remote. I will never recommed a brigade flat to anybody. Matri in Malleswaran has finished and people have started leaving. This is a stupid copmany without any reagrd to customer satisfaction and mantian time lines

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forbes award and other such awards have to be taken with a pinch of salt. I wonder whether any of their projects have completed on-time. May be it is their tactics which they use it to their advantage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i want to sell off a house in courtyard. If anybody is interested pls contact at srayirath@gmail.com. If project gets delayed then I will need to get out

    ReplyDelete
  8. The agreement is drafted in a such a way that they pay very little for delay while the buyer slaves away by taking laon so that the builder can take his time to construct the house. They pay a paltry RS 2 or 3 per sqft which amounts to something of not more than Rs 3000 to Rs 4000/- for the delay in construction while they sit prettily on apile for approx 0 lacs in projects like courtyard. Payment is time bound and delivery is not time bound.!


    anon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    We have been thinking of booking in Brigade- gateway in which just few more flats are available (according to what they say). We have been told that the metro is coming, it is in the city and has all facilities. Not yet visited the project. But... seeing all your comments i am starting to become doubtful about its commitment and quality. Can anybody give me some first hand information about this project/builder and what is advisable at this stage as soon as possible. Thanks
    Rgds

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brigade Group is one of the most reputed Developer in Bangalore today. There is no doubt that the huge delay in completion of Brigade Gateway doesn't augur well for Brigade' Reputation. Having said that, few blocks of Apartments @ Gateway will be ready for occupation by October 2009. A mixed use project will be launched shortly right opposite Brigade Gateway and will further enhance the capital value in the area. Rajkumar road will most probably be made a signal free road shortly. Metro station is a few meters away and lot of high profile Real Estate Development is taking place in the immediate vicinity. The bottom line is that Brigade Gateway is a sound buy provided the prevailing rates are reasonable and in tune with market reality and the construction quality is above average. (I am not sure about construction quality but have never heard anything bad about Brigade.) If you intend to live in this apartment this aspect assumes utmost priority and if it is for investment, you should bother less since the project and developer profile will certainly earn you a good yield.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @DMA - There is no doubt that Brigade Gateway is a wonderful project and in the long run it will be worth investment. I'm proud of the project but it hurts me how the project has been executed by Brigade.

    I don't know what do you mean by "reputed developer".

    1) I'm sure reputed developer won't violate the ceiling height (Brigade Retreat)and will reduce the dimensions of the room saying that there were printing problems in brochure.

    2) Brigade did booking for 2 blocks in Brigade Metropolis when they didn't had approval for construction. There was High tension wire running on the site. Finally after a long wait the owners were requested to shift to different block.

    3) The project has been delayed by 1.5+ yrs. Not only Brigade Gateway but also Brigade Metropolis, Brigade Gardenia .... It's not just one instance there are multiple instances where there projects has been delayed beyond reasonable limit. A reputed builder will have good risk & project management in placed.

    Based on my experience I don't find much difference between Brigade and other small developers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am looking for a 3BHK apt in Mantri/ Brigade/ Sobha for my own dwelling. Anyone selling please get in touch with me with property details including floor plan, floor#, facing, and realistic price on parkom AT gmail DOT com I will need a home loan to cover this and hence the property should be coverable under loan. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi guys, I am looking for a 3BHK in Mantri/ Brigade/ Sobha for my own living. If you are seriously looking to sell a property, please let me have the details (including floor#, facing, floor plan) and realistic pricing. Email me at parkom AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What was the launch price of Brigade Gateway, Malleswaram ?. Just to know weather brigade is offering to me good price now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. guys bw metropolis and gateway in a long run which one is going to be the best....

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are intending to buy a flat at Brigade Courtyard. Views & suggestions are invited. Also are there any sellers for 2BHK ?

    ReplyDelete
  17. is there anyone seriously interested to sell 3bhk in brigade courtyard? if so call @ ms.ramki999@rediffmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. i am seriously interested in buying a 3 BHK or a 2 BHK apartment in brigade courtyard?anybody interested in making a resale? pls mail me at kavishanker@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anyone looking to sell 2/3 bedroom with 2 parking spaces in Gateway please send details of specs and total price to wngcdrshetty@yahoo.co.in.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Guys,

    I heard Oracle Corporation is shifting few of its locations to Brigade Gateway. If this is true then the value of the flats there will shoot up considerably.

    Can anyone provide further info on this?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Is there any forum to discuss about Golden Grand, another failed project from Golden Gate Properties?

    I am one such victim. All these folks are from the same flock, may be with different feather colour, one Golden another Black :-(

    ReplyDelete
  22. well i think north star is sold because brigade in it's news letter mentioned abt all office spaces expect north star

    ReplyDelete
  23. Can Anyone tell me if there is a Brigade Gateway Apartment Owners Assoication, which exists today? Has any one of the 1200 buyers of flats in this property gone to court on various issues of "Deficient Customer Service" against Brigade Gateway?

    Does any one know if the "Raja Kaluve" or the major strom water drain issue been settled in favour of M/s Brigade Gateway either by BBMP or BDA or Govt of Karnataka?. Does any one knows for sure if the property has been given NOC & PC by either BBMP or BDA or any other conerend Govt Agency.

    I will appreciate if some one can give inputs in to the above issues as, in my opinion it would benefit many investors in this project ( write to me at captbllingraju@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  24. according to sources there is no raj kaluve and they have got an noc from bbmp

    ReplyDelete
  25. hi,Anyone knows the market price of BRIGADE Gateway in the secondary market

    ReplyDelete
  26. I flew in from Mumbai to Bangalore for business and went over to the Brigade Gateway site after their office hours. I didn't want to go inside the site at such a late hour but did want to speak to someone. The watchman immediately phoned one of the sales managers who came on line. But in spite of my repeated requests, the sales manager refused to speak to me !

    So much for their quality & world-class certifications ! No marks for guessing whether I decided to book a flat or not !

    ReplyDelete
  27. It looks like everything there will be ready only by mid 2011, i.e. mall, hotel etc.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I wish to buy 2bhk in Brigade Gateway. If anyone is willing to sell, please contact me on nageswara.korlepara@gmail.com

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  29. Could anyone tell what is the current going rate for flats in Brigade Gateway (not Blocks A and B)please.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oracle has officially confirmed that they are NOT pursuing the Brigade Northstar facility. So all you people who are thinking about their property value going up, pray that somebody will move in this office complex....

    ReplyDelete
  31. Dear all,

    I am one among the people who booked the apartment during pre launch period.(2005)

    Looking at their name/reputation and recommendation from the banks i paid in full in advance. since then awaiting the completion.finally it may happen during april/may 2010 only.

    They have mailed me the penalty amount will be deducted towards electricity/water deposits etc. we have to wait and see.

    As for as the quality is concerned it's not up to the standards.There could be hundred reasons for this.

    I am sure what ever they give from one hand they know very well how to take back the same some how.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looking to buy a 3 or 4 bed apt in BRIGADE GATEWAY. Looking for a quick clean deal. Please contact nagas@eim.ae

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi
    This is one of the best projects ever built in bagalore from Brigade group, their is a delay which is going to resolve soon.

    As a realtor i have never seen this kind of project in bangalore..

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello,

    I am interested in buying a 2 B/R flat at Brigade Gateway. If any one is interested in selling please contact me at s_s_murali@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. If Anybody having 3bhk in a middle or higher floor at Brigade Gateway, please let me know. My contact no is 9141378685 or mail me at narayan.vms@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Dear sir/madam,
    i am intersted in a 3 bhk flat in brigade courtyard. If any body is planning to sell, mail at laluleena@gmail.com
    no brokers please.
    with regards
    kumar

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'm looking for a 2/3 BHK (1290/1330/1440/1640/1800/1960 sft) flat in BM or BG. If any owner wants to sell, please contact me at eswarim54_at_gmail_dot_com.
    Brokers, kindly excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  38. If you want to downgrade yourself, go in for Gateway. In the so called Life Style living, you will have only your apartment . All other facilities like club house Gym, Swimming Pool etc you have to pay for them. Though you are a member by paying membership fees at the outset, you have to pay monthly charges whether you use the facilities or not. You do not have a say in the club affairs or for that matter anything outside the Residential area.Your member ship is valid only upto 2050 ! There is no proper infrastructure...water through tankers for 1200 apts, Electronic gadgets and Elect. meters blowing up, worthless top class G4S security, etc. etc. Buyers waiting for possession from 2008 !! Compensation offers are peanuts with lots of clauses favouring Brigade.
    Now BBMP is taking back the Occupancy certificates given earlier due to constructions over Storm water drain !! More to come.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Brigade group with their high pressure advertising and clout at various levels have been trying their level best to show to the world that they are the award winning reputed builders. NRIs have dumped their hard earned money and they have down graded themselves to meaningless Life Style and many could not have possession of the properties even after 2 years. Every projectof Brigade is embroiled in cheating of the investors . Problems have been quitely dumped on the heads of the associations who had signed blindly without proper documents from appropriate authorities. Imagine, Gateway project with 1200 odd apartments have NO water supply from Cauvery and the present residents depend on Tanker Supplies !!. Reticulated Gas Systems have no clearance from concerned authorities as in Millennium and gateway projects. Sewage Treatment Plants under the Residential Areas !!! The whole place stinks.
    Even God cannot save the investors.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I understand that Brigade Gateway is delayed hugely...


    I dont like the way they have built this either.. SERIES OF APARTMENTS... NO GAP AT all .. NOTHING LIKE SEPERATE BLOCKS OR BUILDINGS...

    AND YOU SAY you have to pay for all facilities every month !!...
    Im not sure I can afford all those gym, swimming pool etc
    What if I dont need these facilities.. ?

    I would rather go for an apartment .. which is just an apartment..with lift as a maintenance... And Nothing else...

    ReplyDelete
  41. Its all Gimmick, one of my friend had purchased the apartment in 2006 as they had promised to handover in Sept 2008. He was so surprised to see the site when he came back for possession in May 2010, the apartment had no paint, locks and to his surprise, the Mkt mgr said it will be ready for joint inspection in a weeks time. They asked him to pay the final instalment. Since he was in a hurry to get it registered he paid the last instalment believing them based on their reputation. In his life he will never recommend these cheaters, as they neither kept the promise of completing the apartment in a weeks time neither they were able to get the electricity and water supply connection on time. I feel pity that every time he calls me and asks to check if the apartment is really ready for occupancy, so that he can plan to move back or rent it out at-least to ease the loan burden.

    I don't understand why do Brigade does all these nakras, even after taking crores of rupees for the flat.

    In my opinion I would strongly not recommend to go for Brigade. I'm not sure about Shoba, but I have not heard any negative remarks against Shoba and Mantri.

    God save these people who believe the certificates and the awards that are hung in Brigade's offices.

    ReplyDelete
  42. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  43. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Great post! I’ve been trying all the above advice and, little by little, it seems to work!
    Thanks again for posting!

    ReplyDelete